STRATEGIES ON HOW THE JAMIESON FAMILY MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP WILL BE SUPPORTED
- Online campaign at CanadaHelps.org – visit https://www.canadahelps.org/en/pages/the-jamieson-family-memorial-scholarship
- Release of Don Jamieson Remembers: An Old Fashioned St. John’s Christmas (Available as a Digital Download through iTunes in Fall 2017 or on CD from one of our retail partners like Fred’s Records or through our own online shop).
- Online handmade card and stationary shop in partnership with Etsy coming in early 2018.
- Support from community-minded corporate partners focused on youth and education.
- Direct donations through the Community Foundation of NL.
- Legacy donations.
The legacy scholarship project is led by Joshua Jamieson, with the support of the extended Jamieson Family.
WHY COMMUNICATIONS, JOURNALISM, and POLITICAL SCIENCE?
Don, Colin, and Bas each make significant contributions in these fields. They believed in fact-based journalism, democratic engagement, and the value of public service.
With the current climate of 24-second news cycles and vast array of vehicles to which people turn as sources of information, this scholarship is intended to support critical thinking and fact-based journalism; and to support and encourage youth engagement in the political process.
The Jamieson Family Memorial Scholarship will support these ideals through annual financial support towards the post-secondary education of a new generation of community leaders. The scholarship embodies Bas Jamieson’s signature on-air sign off: “Do something nice for someone today. You’ll feel better for it.”
CHARITABLE REGISTRATION NUMBER: 853376531 RR0001